Thursday 31 July 2008

Summer Journals.

I'm not really sure how it happened, but Will has learned to read so rapidly that I'm almost thinking of getting Harry Potter down for him to peruse. I'd like to think that I did what any good mother does, and read bedtime stories, played games with flash cards, and pointed out words on signs and packets and so on, but as my mother commented: 'he's broken the code' and can work out any words he doesn't already know and is just loving this new skill!

Am I gushing with pride yet?

I decided that since they are now well and truely into the Summer Holidays, with no more formal education until September, Will (and with that read 'and Josie', who can't possibly not be doing what Will is doing!) should create a summer journal/scrapbook, where he can practise his writing, and maybe we could squeeze a reluctant piece of artwork or two from him. (no encouragement is required in the literary dept.)

So we started this week with just a few cover pages. If we had a scanner I would display some images as they were fully enthused by what we had accomplished! On the page of "My Favourite Things" we had some lovely illustrations for:

Will
Lightsabres
Pasta
The X-Box

Josie
Pasta
Zebras
Wall-E

Now all I have to do is keep up their enthousiasm for it all summer!

No comments: