Sunday 13 July 2008

Really should do better...

It's only been 6 months since the last post. I get the feeling that these Blog things take a while to get into the habit.

Well I'm beginning again to turn over new leaves. Neal has recently moved back to Swindon and now lives just a short walk away, which is fantastic. One of the main benefits is that we decided to start running together. Normally this story ends with my complete sup rise at how shockingly unfit I am. Well this time I was surprised at how well I'd kept my fitness, especially so as it's been months since my last bout.

So we're up to 2 miles with only three 30 second walk breaks. That sounds so weak!!! Oh well, you've got to start somewhere.

Keeping with the fitness theme, on Saturday morning, he and I went out for a bike ride - much more my thing!

9.1 miles was a good start even though my bum kills now.

So now I'm seriously considering training to do a London to Paris sponsored bike ride, inspired by Hannah's "Race for Life" cancer run. I really need someone to do it with though...

1 comment:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Adam,

I would be all about doing that with you... geography permitting. IT sounds like you go through the same cycle I do: work out rahter consistently, then get lazy, then work out again rather consistently, then get lazy... I am in a "get lazy" mode. It is just too warm here, and by the time it has cooled down enough, I dont really want to go out. Pathetic. Annie and I were on a soccer team (thats football in Oxford english), we were loving that! BUt then they rescheduled the games for Thursday night, which is our mutual(YM/YW) night, and we are both leaders. It was dissapointing. I was just getting to where I wasn't embarassing myself.

Glad the blog is rolling again!

Jake