Tuesday 29 July 2008

All Grown Up.



So on the way back from a Primary Activity with the children on Saturday it suddenly dawned on me that Monday was Buzz's 1st birthday and we had no plans, no presents, and no cake for the little lad, who by all accounts didn't really know or care that he had been on the earth for a full twelve months, he was soley engrossed in getting through an entire apple as best as one can with eight teeth.
So we swung the car into Mothercare's car park on the way home, Will and Josie getting very into the idea of going to select presents for Buzz.
Now, our Mothercare has an Early Learning Centre dept. within and it's always fatal going in not knowing what you want to purchase. Being the third child there is relatively little that Buzz needs (and I use the word 'need' lightly here) by way of toys. We have bricks; we have shape sorters, ride-ons, cars galore, pop-up toys, pull along toys, stacking cups (Buzz's current favourite)... what else do I get? I have to get something!
Buzz and I head for the younger toys and I wander up and down looking for something that a) isn't too big, b) doesn't play a really annoying song, and c) isn't just a regurgitated version of something we already have.
And I think I came up trumps!
We found a drum, which isn't something we already have, which plays songs that are relatively pleasant, and best of all, has a quiet setting!!!
And little Buzz just loves it! He's just such a jolly little love though, that I think if we had given him the cardboard box it came in, he'd have been just as happy with it!

All my best laid plans fell apart however as we set up the garden with homemade bunting and all, went inside for tea, and the heavens opened. So we endeavoured to fit 16 people into our living room!


No comments: